Score big with your Super Bowl snacks this year by serving up these irresistible cheesy jalapeño poppers. Tailored from a tried-and-true recipe, these poppers come with a twist – no pimento peppers and a double dose of cream cheese for that extra creamy texture, ensuring each bite is bursting with flavor. Here's how you can make these crowd-pleasers the highlight of your game day spread.
- 12 fresh jalapeño peppers
- 2 cups of freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese (Avoid pre-grated for the best flavor and texture!)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened (Double the amount for extra creaminess!)
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced white or yellow onion
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika, divided
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Preheat the Oven: Start by heating your oven to 400°F, setting the stage for baking these delicious poppers to perfection.
- Prepare the Jalapeños: Slice the jalapeño peppers in half lengthwise and use a spoon to carefully remove and discard the seeds and ribs. This step is crucial for creating the perfect base for your cheesy filling.
- Mix the Filling: In a medium bowl, combine the freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese, softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, and minced onion. Add 1/4 teaspoon each of salt, paprika, and black pepper to the mixture, stirring until everything is well incorporated.
- Prepare the Topping: In a separate small bowl, mix the panko breadcrumbs with the remaining salt, paprika, and black pepper. Drizzle in the olive oil and toss until the breadcrumbs are evenly coated, setting the stage for that golden, crispy topping.
- Assemble the Poppers: Fill each jalapeño half with the creamy cheese mixture, ensuring a generous filling. Arrange the stuffed peppers on a parchment-lined baking sheet for easy cleanup. Sprinkle the seasoned panko mixture over the top of each pepper for that crunchy finish.
- Bake to Perfection: Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the peppers are tender.
- Add the Final Touches: Once baked, remove the poppers from the oven and immediately top them with the crumbled bacon for an added layer of flavor and texture. Garnish with chopped fresh chives for a pop of color and freshness.
These cheesy jalapeño poppers are best served warm, making them the perfect snack to enjoy while cheering on your favorite team. Pair them with a cool, creamy dip to balance the heat, and don't forget the cold beverages to wash down the deliciousness.
Elevate your Super Bowl party with these game-winning cheesy jalapeño poppers. Easy to prepare and even easier to enjoy, they're sure to be a hit with your guests, making your game day gathering an unforgettable one.