- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or melting chocolate
- 2 oranges
- 2-4 celery stalks (for pumpkin stems)
For Banana Ghosts:
- Prepare the Bananas: Start by peeling and cutting the bananas in half. You should have four banana halves in total, each one representing a ghost.
- Melt the Chocolate: In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips or melting chocolate. You can do this by microwaving in short 15-20 second bursts, stirring between each burst, until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Create Ghost Faces: Using a toothpick or a small spoon, dip it into the melted chocolate and use it to create ghost faces on each banana half. You can make spooky or friendly faces, whichever you prefer. Allow the chocolate to cool and harden, which will make the faces more defined.
Serve: Place your chocolate-covered banana ghosts on a serving plate or tray, and your spooky banana treats are ready to enjoy!
For Orange Pumpkins:
- Peel the Oranges: Start by peeling the oranges. Make sure to remove all the orange peels, so you're left with just the orange segments.
- Prepare Celery Stems: Cut the celery stalks into small pieces to use as pumpkin stems. These will be the cute pumpkin stems on your "pumpkins."
- Assemble the Pumpkins: Insert a small piece of celery into the top center of each orange segment to create the pumpkin stems.
Serve: Arrange your orange pumpkins on a serving platter, and you've got a healthy and creative Halloween snack.
These fun and easy Halloween snacks will be a hit at any Halloween party or as a festive treat for the family. Enjoy your spooky banana ghosts and adorable orange pumpkins!